Monday 4 February 2013

The Great Britain

 If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.”- Eddie Izzard

If you haven't guessed by now, my fellow Internet friends, I am from the greatest of Britain. I would just like to say how little I actually knew about Britain.  For example who knew someone from Britain was called a 'Briton'? I mean its always been ' A British person'. Also Big Ben is not a clock???? Only joking, I'm not that stupid. I guess I do know a few things, but I'm sure there are lots of details that I am missing out on.  So I decided to do some research on FUN FACTS ABOUT BRITAIN. Here are my top 10 facts ( not in chronological order):
1. It is an offence to impersonate a Chelsea Pensioner
2. It is an executable offence to allow your pet to mate with a pet of the royal house without permission.
3. It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
4.Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliaments. 
5.There are more chickens than humans in England.- Wheres my chicken?
6. Winston Churchill was born in the ladies toilet during a dance. 
7.Buckingham Palace was built on the site of a notorious brothel. 
8.The British love donkeys! In 2006 the British public gave a total of 20m to a donkey sanctuary. 
9.Placing a postage stamp bearing the monarch’s head upside down on an envelope is considered as act of treason. 
10. If you find a Cab-driver in London not carrying a bale of hay overboard, he is breaking the law. 

You learn something new everyday, in this case 10 things. I think those are some very interesting facts which will complete your everyday life. Who knew that if I died in the Houses of Parliament, I would be arrested and that the royal dogs need permission to go and make little puppies with a commoner?

One thing I do know is that our sense of humour can beat any country a million times over. WE laugh at every one and everything, especially our failure. But we all find the weirdest of things funny.
 “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.”- Charlie Chaplin
I think he agrees with my idea..
 “I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree then perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die”- Eddie Izzard
I have no idea how this is funny.. but its funny. Its probably the randomness of it and how irrelevant it is to everything.
Somehow we end up laughing at ourselves and I don't care because it is funny and I am a Briton.



No comments:

Post a Comment